Welcome to Society Hill
A historic and charming cultural scene
Society Hill, one of Philadelphia's most desirable neighborhoods, is known for its charming historic streets, vibrant cultural scene, and convenient location. It is bordered by the Delaware River to the east, 8th Street to the west, Walnut Street to the north, and Lombard Street to the south.
What to expect
Housing ranges from old to new
The majority of housing in Society Hill is made up of townhouses, historic brownstones, condos and apartments. There are also a few luxury high-rises. The average home size in Society Hill is 1,300 square feet. The most popular home features in Society Hill include hardwood floors, brick fireplaces, and private patios or balconies.
Iconic Philadelphia attractions abound
Society Hill is home to many of Philadelphia's most iconic attractions, including:
• Washington Square Park: A lively park with fountains, gardens, and a playground.
• Independence National Historical Park: A UNESCO World Heritage Site that includes Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and other important historical sites.
• Elfreth's Alley: The oldest residential street in America.
• Betsy Ross House: The historic home where Betsy Ross is said to have sewn the first American flag.
• Christ Church: A beautiful church where Benjamin Franklin and other Founding Fathers worshipped.
• Old City Hall: The former seat of the Philadelphia government.
Enjoy restaurants and shopping
In addition to its historic attractions, Society Hill is also home to a variety of restaurants, shops, and art galleries. It is a convenient walk to Center City, Philadelphia's main business district.
Residents of Society Hill
• Live close to work, shopping, and dining in Center City.
• Enjoy a historic neighborhood with a strong sense of community.
• Can raise a family in a safe and supportive environment.
• Are invested in a neighborhood with rising property values.
Now is a good time to buy
Society Hill remains a desirable neighborhood to live in. It is known for its historic charm, cobblestone streets, and proximity to Independence National Historical Park. Society Hill is also home to a number of restaurants, shops, and art galleries.
The housing market in Society Hill is expected to remain competitive in the coming months. However, the recent decline in home prices may make it a good time to buy in this desirable neighborhood.
You'll fall in love with Society Hill
Past, present, and future thrive here
Overall, Society Hill is a great place to live for people of all ages and backgrounds. It offers a unique combination of charm, history, convenience, and amenities. If you would like to find a home in Society Hill, the Adam J. Baldwin team can help you.