Haddon Township comprises the Camden County, New Jersey, communities of Westmont, West Collingswood Heights, and West Collingswood Extension. Vibrantly walkable and bikeable, Haddon Township is known for its excellent schools, safe neighborhoods, and convenient location. Residents of all ages and lifestyles can find interesting activities.
Haddon Township was incorporated in 1895 and was named after the Haddon family, which owned a large amount of land in the area. It originally included nearby Haddonfield, Collingswood, Woodlynn, Haddon Heights, Audubon, and Oaklyn. The township experienced rapid growth in the early 1900s, and is now one of the most desirable places to live in Camden County.
Haddon Township is a family-oriented communityn of 15,000. Haddon Township Public Schools is one of the top-ranked school districts in New Jersey. The district consists of four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. All of the schools in the district are highly rated by GreatSchools and Niche. Many residents avail themselves of easy transportation to commute to nearby cities.
Some of Haddon Township’s most popular activities and attractions include:
• Westmont: This downtown area features a variety of shops, restaurants, and bars. Westmont is a popular spot for festivals and events throughout the year.
• Haddon Lake Park: This park offers a variety of amenities, including a playground, walking trail, and picnic area. It is a popular spot for boating and fishing.
• Raccoon Island Park: This park is located on a small island in the middle of Haddon Lake and is accessible by a footbridge. It is a great spot for picnics, fishing, and birdwatching.
• Haddon Township Arts Center: This arts center offers a variety of classes and workshops in the arts, as well as performances and exhibitions.
• Haddon Township Library: This library offers a variety of books, movies, and other resources for residents of all ages.
More reasons to choose Haddon Township:
• Haddon Township is conveniently located near major highways and public transportation, making it easy to commute to Philadelphia and other nearby cities.
• Haddon Township is a very family-friendly community. There are a variety of programs and activities for children of all ages.
• Haddon Township is home to a number of businesses and industries, including retail, healthcare, and education.Demographics
The average sale price of a home in Haddon Township may vary depending on the size and type of home, the location of the home, and the current state of the housing market. For example, homes in Westmont, the downtown area of Haddon Township, tend to be more expensive than homes in outer areas.
In Haddon Township, you can build a rich small town life with good schools and many activities while still working in the big city.
If you are considering buying a home in Haddon Township, the Adam J. Baldwin team can help you learn more about the township and the homes that are currently available.